Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tiny Cork Chairs

This is so cute!

Design Within Reach held a contest to see what kind of a chair people could make using nothing but the foil, wire, and cork from two champagne bottles.

A friend of mine and I always laugh and ask "Within Reach of whom?" because their stuff really isn't all that cheap.  They do have a great line, though, and this is a really awesome contest.  I wish they'd shown more of the entries on their website, but I guess we'll just have to go to see them in person.  I might haul myself all the way over to Brooklyn tonight except that it's like -20° out there at this point.  And it would appear to be tonight only that they're on display.

It's hard also to get a feeling of scale, but they must be incredibly tiny if they're carved out of a champagne cork, etc...but the entries look SO precise.  I just don't know how they did it.

Ryan Witte

No comments: