Thursday, August 12, 2010

News

Before moving on, I wanted to mention a couple of news items. First of all, DOCOMOMO, the fantastic organization that works to protect our Modernist heritage, has launched their new website. I'll have to say, it looks quite nice, and I'm happy to see them thriving.


On a lighter note, one of my favorite craftspeople, Joshua Ben Longo of Longoland, who I've talked about before, got commissioned to do this hilarious German TV commercial:


His monsters represent exorbitant telephone charges. It makes me wonder if Longo's ever been approached by, say, a troupe of experimental puppeteers, and if not, then why on earth hasn't he?

I also noticed from looking around again that he has some of his sketches on his website, and they're really quite fun in their own right:


Click that.

No comments: