Friday, June 29, 2012

News: Breuer and Morphosis

I've become a bit wrapped up in an architectural project recently that's been taking time away from the blog. That project will eventually be described at length here. In the meantime, I wanted to report something very exciting. Syracuse University has recently digitized their entire collection of Marcel Breuer's papers, including all the architectural drawings. Of course I had visited their online archives when I was working on the Litchfield story, but this wasn't available at the time. It would have made my life immeasurably easier.

In any case, this is an unbelievably valuable resource, and I must heartily thank SU for undertaking what surely was a colossal project to make it all available.

The other fantastic news is sort of an addendum to my profile of Roosevelt Island. Cornell has chosen Thom Mayne of Morphosis to design their new graduate school building there. I couldn't possibly be any more pleased that we're getting another building by this genius architect in New York, and I cannot wait to see what it will look like.

No comments: