Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Does Anybody Really Know?


This is a company from Barcelona called Nomon that makes some really amazing clocks.

Here's "Axioma I," the clock mechanism in silver:

Here it is in wood, "Axioma M":

Then you can also get number markers for the wall surrounding the mechanism--here's "Merlin 4 I" named thus I gather because the markers are like wands:

And "Merlin 12 M" in wood:

They're just so grand and beautiful, elegant but so robust.  They have "Rodon" which is circular dot markers, and "Tacon," which is rectangular bars, and you can get them "Mixto"--a combination of the above.  But I think I like this one the best.

"Bilbao" is a similar design of mechanism in a huge circular frame:

And a floor version called "Puntero" which is incredible:


But out of all of them, my favorites are most certainly "Doble O" and "Doble O D":


You should click those.  I adore this big, muscular, industrial aesthetic, likely because it's sort of vaguely Steampunk.  But at the same time, they remain almost light and definitely restrained.  I think they're utterly classy.  

They have a hundred retailers in their home town, but surprisingly zilch in the U.S. at this point.  Maybe we should change that.  In any case, I'm sure their pieces can be shipped.

Nomon
comercial@nomon.es

©2008, Ryan Witte

No comments: